Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me. Donations of pre-1920 photographs are also most welcome. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby Pictures: James Leroy Lockwood


The information on this postcard is sparse.  I only have a name and age:  "James Leroy Lockwood, 3 1/2 months old."  It wasn't sent through the mail so, alas, there isn't a postmark.  The photo was found at an antique store in Alberta, Canada, along with unidentified photos from Wisconsin and Minnesota.  It could date anywhere from 1907-1930, but is mostly likely 1907-1920.  This is where a photographer's imprint would have really come in handy.  This is why it is important to remember to label your photograph, folks.   I don't want to be a pessimist, but I'm thinking we may never know anything more about our dear little James.

No comments:

Post a Comment