Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Friday, February 17, 2012

Philippine-American War Soldier: To Mrs. D. De Garino, W. Covina, CA



This is another unidentified photograph, except for an address written in pencil on the the reverse of the card:  "Mrs. D. De Garino, 1248 Primeaux, W. Covina, Cal. 91790."  The inscription is fairly recent, as the 5 digit zip code system in the US came into use in July of 1963.

The photograph was taken at "Centro Artistico, Fotografia Espanola, Escolta 9, Manila."  I believe this soldier served in the Philippine-American War (1899-1902) or the Spanish-American War (1898).  I'm a little puzzled by his uniform.  The cap looks to be infantry.  The rest of his uniform is quite basic and doesn't appear to have any insignias.

No comments:

Post a Comment