Welcome!

I reunite identified family photos that I find in antique shops and second hand stores with genealogists and family historians. If you see one of your ancestors here and would like to obtain the original, feel free to contact me at familyphotoreunion [ at ] yahoo [ dot ] com. I also accept donations of pre-1927 images to be reunited. I hope you enjoy your visit!
~The Archivist


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Super Sleuth Saturday: A Faded Cabinet Card and Baskets of Flowers



Here's today's Super Sleuth photograph.  What can we derive from the photo itself?  Any ideas of date?  Occasion?  And what do you make of the names on the reverse? (below)


I'm looking forward to getting your help on this one.  Hope you give it a try.

3 comments:

  1. Here's info on the photographer (including dates he was alive) http://www.photographymuseum.com/fauntleroy.html

    2nd name looks like Lottie Durkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beanie! Boy, I wish I could go back in time and tell people write legibly on their photos, don't you? It could be Durkin. Maybe Dirkin. What do you think, Jessie McLain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Lottie Durkin in my family tree, she, her Grandmother Elizabeth Carter Sprague Fitzpatrick Clifton and her baby sister Millie Durkin were taken in the Elm Creek Raid on October 13, 1864 in Young County TX. She had a sister in law named Jessie I do not know the last name. Lottie was tatooted with a small dot on her forehead during her time with the Indians I cannot tell in this photo if it is there. She is buried in the Old Tascosa Cemetery on the Cal Farley's Boys Ranch in the Panhandle of TX. I cannot say if this is my Lottie Durkin but very interesting none the less.

    ReplyDelete